The ultimate manual to the best parallette bars of 2023
Do you have ambitions of being a professional gymnast? Or maybe you just want to improve your breakdancing skills for your next dance-off showdown.
Despite your groovy motivations, developing gymnast-like upper body strength can open up doors to other components of the fitness world.
Comparison of the top 11 best parallette bars for workouts
What to consider and how to choose the best parallette bars for strength training
Selecting the set of parallel bars best for training you take a little bit of knowledge about what defines different products, and what specifications might suit your personal needs.
For those who are newbies to upper body exercise, will be definitely difficult to start with gymnastics rings, tho starting with a stable set of parallette bars will help tackle the learning curve.
Let’s check out some of the main factors when choosing the perfect parallette bars to suit your customer requirements.
The taller the parallettes, the more prone they are to wobble or drop over. Stability is normally the greatest when parallette bars are relatively short, but in doing so, athletes limit the versatility of their movements.
Adding other elements of stability, like non-slip rubber grips or heavier bases, can increase the balance position and allow for increased flexibility while not compromising on stability.
Finding a balance between width, height, and stability comes down to your spatial limits and fitness goals.
Determining the optimum parallette equipment also comes down to the components used in the construction for exercises.
Like every other product, the material can dictate price, but for those willing to invest in a product that will last the longest and provide optimum performance, it’s good to know what you purchase.
There are three primary materials used in the design of the perfect parallettes.
The Perfect Parallette Bars for sports training of 2023
1. Juperbsky Push Up Bars – Parallette Bars Set
First and foremost, these would be considered mini parallettes by most, with only a 5.5-inch height.
For anyone looking to get into serious upper body strength workouts and home gym using low lying push-ups, l-sits, and long static holds- these parallettes are strong and stable.
With solid steel construction, this set has a load-bearing capacity of 2200 pounds the heaviest of the pack.
For big-time weight-lifters or big bodies who need a sturdy frame, these guys will do the trick.
The Juperbsky set comes complete with non-slip caps and a designed angle on the bars designed to prevent wrist fatigue and injury. Reliable rail handles make for a comfortable grip.
While these parallettes may not be ideal for someone looking to explore the full realm of gymnastic moves (then better use gymnastics bar for beginners, they are perfect for athletes who want maximum durability and strength, and mobility.
- High weight capacity
- Easy storage
- Medium amount of ground clearance
2. Body Power Parallettes
The Body Power parallettes are built like a tank. Assembly is a breeze but they also come with a tool to keep it easier. The Max bodyweight limit is 380 lbs. Although there are handily placed knurling grips, they don’t make much of a difference for those workout exercises where you get really sweaty hands. You will have trouble grabbing on either way.
Otherwise, it’s a fine product and the grip problem is a common one that you’d expect on many parallettes. Just use chalk.
- Smooth finish
- Super durable
- Knurling grip, doesn’t improve grip
3. JFIT Pro Push Up Bars Stand
What this set may do not have in quality, it makes up for in value. As you would anticipate from a product like this, the reviews are not perfect but show a general understanding of you get what you purchase.
They are adequate for most people who wish to investigate the exercises.
The pros of the JFit Pro are that it comes in multiple heights, is lightweight, and is durable.
Can be found in both 11-inch and 9-inch height variations, they are designed mostly for push-up and upper chest workouts training.
For anyone looking to do pass-throughs of dips, the bars will probably be too short. If your goal is to develop more confidence and strength through push-ups and other minimal movement exercises, the Jfit Pro is a great place to start.
- 3-year warranty
- Decent ground clearance
- Easy assembly
- None to note
4. Vita Vibe Wood Best Parralletes Bars
The Vita Vibe wooden Parallettes are built in the USA and use high-quality wood to ensure proper structure and durability.
As mentioned previously, wood construction agrees with those searching for durability, mobility, non-slip grip, and aesthetics.
These bars are made from hardwood ash, have a comfortable 1.5-inch grip diameter, and are tested to 250 lbs of load weight.
The base is made with heavy gauge steel and secured with rubber feet to prevent movement. Best yet, this made-in-the-USA product includes a 10-year warranty to ensure customer confidence.
As is typical with wood construction, these bars are a tad shorter than some previous models, maxing out at 10-inch height.
- Strong yet light weight, supports up to 250 lbs
- Highly portable
- 10 year warranty
- Very affordable
- Small amount of ground clearance
5. Lebert Fitness Push Up Bars Dip Stand
These bars are of great value and sized appropriately for versatile workouts. While they get on the bigger side, many customers have reported surprising mobility next to the size, weighing only 5 lbs each bar.
The Lebert fitness bars are constructed from stainless steel and come complete with non-slip rubber feet and a load capacity of 400 lbs.
Like previous models, they are ideal for push-ups, v-sits, and dips, though taller athletes may find the 12-inches height hard to complete a full complete go through or dip.
This product also available in various colors, including bright yellow for the showman in you.
In addition to benches, customers who purchase through amazon will also receive PDF workout guides to start strong.
- Comes with workout DVD
- Fantastic ground clearance
- Non skid rubber feet
- None to note
6. XTEK Gym XL Parallette Bars
Durable, versatile, light, and easy to assemble, it’s all united. Not much else to say about these parallettes other than the fact that they are perfect for the price they come at, and will never provide from under you.
They have a bit more ground clearance than the usual parallettes, which offers more versatility in terms of exercises.
- Heavy duty
- Comfortable ground clearance
- Harder to fit in a backpack
7. Withgear Folding Push Up Bars
Created with duralumin, these push-up bars have a heavyweight load (660 lbs) despite having a folding design.
This product is sleek, convenient, and perfect for taking your workouts anywhere. The fold-up design is particularly attractive to those with a life on the road.
The Withgear Folding push-up bar comes in two main designs, the single push-up bar, and the two-set dual pushup bars.
Both designs are incredibly lightweight.
With a height of only 8 inches, these short parallette bars are designed mostly for pushups and low motion exercises.
It is recommended to use this product on non-slip surfaces like carpet or grass instead of wood or tile.
8. eHUPOO Parallettes
Using an upgraded rating 12 inch high by 24-inch long design, these parallettes are designed to evolve with your skill.
Constructed with heavy-duty steel and a matte powder-coat to avoid slipping, these bars aren’t moving anywhere.
They provide additional handle grips and rubber feet to ensure as little movement as possible.
Finally, they are load tested to 330 lbs, making them a good option for heavier body builds.
The eHupoo bars are a great all-around product, competitively priced, and perfect for anyone wishing to add versatility into their parallette workouts.
9. Barre Trainer Wooden Parallettes Set
Similar to the Vita Vibe parallette bars above, the Barre Trainer wooden parallettes have similar dimensions, similar specs but at a lower price.
With a tested load weight of 250 lbs, a height of 8 inches, and a length of 18-24 inches, they are slightly shorter than the Vita Vibe set but the same length.
Made from beech wood and supported by a coated steel base, these bars are easy to set up and marked with lots of customer satisfaction.
For anyone searching for the aesthetic and durability of wood parallette bars, the Barre Trainer set is a bit cheaper than the Vita Vibe but does not include a warranty.
10. Ultimate Body Press Parallettes
These parallettes feature an ultra-stable 12 ″ tall steel construction. They provide great clearance for your feet and legs to go through so you may do exercises such as l-sits, handstands, deep push-ups, and more.
They are extremely sturdy and strong for their size making them ideal for your very own home gym, your office, and even your bedroom.
11. Pellor Sports Birch Wood Parallettes
The Pellor sports parallette bar feature a smooth and elegant, polished birchwood construction for a home gym. They have a great feel in the hands but don’t seem as solid as other steel parallettes that are available. Due to their wood construction and single screw attachment build, I wouldn’t trust these things like handstand push-ups and other advanced inverted movements.
If you consider using these for push-ups, L-sits, or other similar exercises, then go on. If you are searching for something heavy-duty though, look elsewhere.
Best Parallette Exercises
1. Tuck Planche
Many aspiring advanced calisthenic athletes and gymnastics share a particular interest in more challenging parallette moves, like the planche.
A tuck planche is a great way to work your way up to a full planche, handstand push-ups, or other more advanced bodyweight exercises.
How to do it:
Starting with the parallettes on each side in line with the body, lean forward with the chest towards the ground and grip each rail.
Keeping your arms straight, rock your body forward, and try to bring your shoulders forward to the front of the rail.
When you can, tuck your knees up into your stomach, and hold this pose for so long as you can.
The tuck planche works the entire upper body and puts a strong concentrate on balance and mobility.
For curious about functional fitness, this move is a great goal to conquer.
2. The Handstand
If you are new to handstands, grab the parallettes and set them against a wall, you wish to place your hands a bit outside of your shoulder width. Kick up into a handstand and rest your feet up against the wall. As a beginner, it’s recommended to perform a stomach-to-wall handstand rather than a back-to-wall one, to really work on the vertical body line.
How to do it:
This exercise will build up the needed strength in your shoulders to perform advanced exercises like handstand push-ups. In this particular position, you should aim to elevate your shoulders as much as possible. Visualize your shoulders touching your ears. Try to control your exit, and land as softly as possible.
3. The L-sit
How to do it:
Push through your hands, and lift your hips up slightly, straightening your legs out in front of you. Point your toes forward and maintain your shoulders locked downwards, but do not shrug them. If you can not yet hold an L-sit for a few seconds, choose a tucked L-sit instead, raising your knees to your chest area and keeping it there for a few seconds.
Here we have it, everyone’s favorite ab exercise. With your new set of parallette bars, the v-sit just got more challenging.
How to do it:
Place the parallettes should width apart and according to your body, the same as the push-up.
With one hand gripping each rail, suspend your glutes and hips above the ground and engage the core.
Extend the legs directly in front, with your toes pointed skyward.
Now hinge at the hips, lifting your feet as high as they can towards the sky, creating a “V” with your upper body and your legs.
Start with a 5-second hold, and work your way up from there.
In addition to your core, v-sits also work the stabilizer muscles in your arms and chest, as well as the lower back and legs.
The Parallette Bar Tips and Advice
- Some parallette bars are difficult to disassemble, which is a problem if you need to store them at some time. Others are heavy and rather bulky, which also makes them difficult to travel with.
- Reviewers report that certain parallette bars are a little wobbly when being used. You’ll want to check for this, as you could accidentally injure yourself if you end up with a set of bars that aren’t solid and sturdy.
- Those who are just beginning with a set of these bars should stick to basic exercises in the beginning. You can then work your way up to advanced levels, which is safer than just jumping right into the more complex exercises. It’s important to develop a regular cleaning routine to keep your parallette bars free from bacterial growth. You can use a set of disinfecting wipes or an ammonia solution made of up 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of ammonia. After you thoroughly wipe down the bars, give them a little time to air dry before the next relative uses them.
- Refrain from using bleach or hydrogen peroxide to clean your home gym equipment, as these harsh chemicals can cause skin irritation and may leave the equipment discolored.
- Parents can encourage their children to develop healthy exercise habits by including them in their workouts. If you choose to do this, however, you’ll need to supervise your children’s use of the parallette bars to ensure their safety.
- If you consider yourself handy and you have the tools, you can make your own set of parallette bars in your home using PVC piping (pvc parallettes).
- Always check for purchase protection when buying a set of parallette bars. You’ll find some companies offer a 100% satisfaction or customer service guarantee, while others go a step further by providing a product warranty. You may find warranties that last between one and 10 years and even lifetime warranties on the bar’s more vulnerable parts.
- While it may not be the sole factor, price is certainly going to be something you want to consider before deciding which set of parallette bars would work best at home. The cost for these bars varies based on construction materials and the height of these bars. You’ll find the j/fit Pro Push Up Bar Stand is just one of the more affordable sets on the market, while the RELIFE Parallette Push Up Stand is more moderately priced. On the higher end of the price, spectra are the XTEK Gym XL Parallette Bars and the Vita Vibe Wood Parallettes Set.
Now, when you have a wide variety of choice of parallettes bars for training, you can choose the best option for yourself or your family, students, or acquaintances.
We hope you find this guide helpful! Train with comfort and pleasure!