Honest gymnastics equipment reviews with testimonials: best gymnastics grips, bars, rings, mats, etc.
Welcome to the 260+ lives and achievements depicted in stories, records, photos, some films of all of the world Gymnastic of Fame Inductees.
This web site is the only comprehensive record of Gymnastics Honorees in the artistic, rhythmic, and trampoline subdivisions of our sport.
Read about those who are true heroes beyond gymnastics and those who brought their talents into our homes and gyms.
Each is a lot more than the medals, trophies, and ribbons they won. They are more than words on a page.
They are people with lives before and after their competitive years. They will tell you about their special moments, and there are many.
We want to be useful so you’ll find lots of interesting articles about gymnastics in our Blog as well.
Do You Want To Purchase Home Gymnastics Equipment For Your Gymnasts?You’re in the right place! Gymnasts can improve their skills at home with the help of home equipment. Your child can improve her skills faster by practicing at home thanks to the power and repetition – without having to spend more money in the gym. This is also a great opportunity for your gymnast to show you what she has learned in class. We’ve provided some helpful tips for buying home gym equipment. We’ve also listed our top picks for the best beams and mats for home use. We have tested all the equipment below, so we can be sure that it is quality and sturdy. It can be difficult to choose the right equipment for your home gymnastics. Mini bars, floor mats, and low beams are the most common gymnastics equipment you can use at home. Gymnastics accessories such as pull-up bars or balance balls can help improve your gymnast’s strength and make her more productive at the gym. Video coaching can be a cost-effective way to help your gymnast improve her skills.
Types of At Home Gymnastics EquipmentWe’ll be sharing our tips and some thoughts with you about buying your home gym equipment. To skip to a specific section, click the link above and scroll down.
BarsMini bars at home are fun and can be used to improve your gymnast’s bar performance. They are great for beginners and children, as well as advanced gymnasts who can use them to strengthen their bars. There are a few things you should consider when buying a home-use gymnastics bar.
- Stability – You want to ensure that the bar you purchase for your home is sturdy. It should not tip over or shake while your gymnast uses it.
- Weight Limit – You don’t want a barre that’s not strong enough to hold your gymnast.
- Matting Requirements – Different bars require different matting to ensure safety.
- Bar Height: The bar must be high enough for your gymnast to use, but still be able to store in your home.
- Easy Assembly: Some bars can be more difficult to assemble or may require additional plywood or leg support.
- Maximum Skill Level Some home bars can only support low-level skills while others can support higher-level skills and are more suited to your gymnast.
Here are our recommendations for a home bar:
- 【Safety and Durable】: A 6-point base and rubber end caps offer safety and steadiness.Gymnastic bars features 2 bottom flat crossbars,wide and heavy duty metal base,non-slip rubber end caps.Horizontal bar were coated in superior anti-corrosion powder, Ideally suited for gymnasts levels 1-4 and under 240 lbs, you can rest assured that your future acrobats will train safely.
- 【Professional Gymnastics Training】:Based on the stable design of the horizontal bar, you can use it in the yard, home, gym, etc. The kip bar can not only improve children's balance ability, but also make them more flexible.
- 【Adjustable Height】:The gymnastics bar can be easily adjusted up or down in height, From 3ft to 5ft with 12 LEVELS, it Is perfect for young gymnasts and users of any age and height as it can be adjusted to Their height as they grow.
- 【Easy To Assembly】:This professional grade gymnastics equipment is super easy to assemble and operate,Intuitively designed,The instructions are easy to understand,you can set it up in minutes regardless if you want to use it at home or in the gymnastics arena,being able to exercise or improve ability at their convenience of their home at anytime.
- 【Surprising Gift For Your Kids】:This training bar can withstand kids Swing, Climbing rope and ladder add one,Is the best gift for children at child/teenager/junior's birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving Day , Christmas and so on,Compare with similar items.
Balance BeamsA balance beam is a great way to help preschoolers and beginners learn balance. These beams are great for intermediate gymnasts who want to improve their handstands and cartwheels. If your gymnast is more experienced, she can practice her beam routines and back walkovers. A few things to consider when buying a beam for your home:
- Beam Height A beam that lies flat on a floor is more secure than one that is just a few inches above the floor. If the beam is more than a few inches above the floor and there aren’t the right mats around it, you could end up with twisted ankles. You are also more likely to get bumps and bruises if the beam is higher than if it’s flat. You will get a more traditional beam to feel if the beam is a few inches above the floor. The beam’s height is an important consideration.
- Length Of The Beam Another consideration to make when purchasing a home beam is its length. Traditional balance beams are 16 feet in length. Although you might not have the space for it in your home, they do sell shorter practice beams. A beam that is too small might prevent your gymnast from practicing the skills she desires. You can attach practice beams to create a longer beam for home use.
- Material of Beam: Beams for home use can be made from many materials. Because they cover competition beams, I prefer leather and suede.
- Beam Storage – Some practice beams can be folded up while others are not. Consider how you’ll store the beam and if it will remain out of sight in your home.
Recommended Balance Beams:
- ★Grows with your kids★-Competition grade 8 feet long suede balance beam,4 inch width.7 inch high floor mode and adjustable height on 17inch,19inch,21inch,23inch,apply to level 1-7 balance beam skills.Perfect gift for gymnastic lover
- ★Trustworthy beam★-High-destiny solid wood core and heavy iron base ensure it stable enough.Soft non-slip suede not only provide a great foot feeling and keep user away from sliding down.Ideal for gymnasts up to 160lbs.
- ★Double security★- 2-Lock system for MAXIMUM STABILITY,not only have one hand bolt as others,but also have a POP N’CLICK make the height change easier for kids and take more safety
- ★Essential GYM equipment★ -Excellent for conditioning and strength training at home like walkovers, donkey kicks, handstands, jumps and leaps,handspring trainer
- ★2-YEAR Quality Assurance★- means one less thing to worry about.Pls kindly email us if you meet any problem when use our gymnastic beam.
- 💗CHOOSE A HIGH QUALITY OVAL SHAPE BALACE BEAM💗：We have been constantly updating our products according to the demand of coaches and customers. Our beams are closer to the competition ones, which can offer better grip . Hand pressure should be totally different .
- 💗A BEAM WILL NOT SINK UNDER WEIGHT 150 LBS💗：This folding beam is made of heavy grade and thick density EVA 150kg/m³ which is firmer and holds up enough for young athletes to practice on with confidence for skills development at home every day and supports your gymnast from level 1 to 10.
- 💗A BEAM WILL NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY💗：If you want a balance beam affordable, easy to store and carry, quite similar feeling to the competition ones, this beam can meet your demands. It is covered with super durable synthetic suede materials, soft and smooth，and allows comfort for you to stand on. Foldable design makes it easy to store and carry out.
- 💗LITTLE SURPRISE INSIDE💗: It comes with carry bag, easy to store and carry out. Shining sticker included, your lovely kids will be happy to use the stars, flowers and letters to decorate their own special balance beam.
Gymnastics MatsA mat is a great way to practice since carpets and wood floors don’t offer much cushion. You want to be comfortable falling without getting bruised, without serious injury. Home mats are ideal for learning beginner tumbling skills such as handstands and cartwheels, rolls, and walkovers. You can also use mats for general horseplay and safe play, save gymnasts from personal injury. You should consider the thickness and size of your mat when you are looking to buy one for home.
- Mat thickness: A mat that is too thin will not provide sufficient cushioning and protection in the event of a gymnast falling. It will be more difficult to perform skills on a mat that is too thick because the gymnast may sink into it.
- Dimensions for the mat: A mat should be large enough to allow your gymnasts to practice their skills, but not too big to store it.
- Storage – Does your mat fold? Do you have somewhere to store the mat?
- Maximum Skill Level: While some mats are not strong enough to support a beginner gymnast, others can be used as your gymnast progresses.
Recommended Gymnastics Mats:
- 6 feet long, 2 feet wide (72-inch x 24-inch) at 2-inch thick, firm high density EPE foam is ideal for activities and exercises such as yoga, aerobics, Pilates, MMA and martial arts
- The surface is made of non-toxic lead-free durable 18 ounce puncture resistant and non-absorbent vinyl. Moisture resistant technology makes the mat to be easily washed with soap and water
- Exceptional resilience allow you to keep your balance during any exercise style. Caring handles and light weight make it easy to take the mat around
- A foldable, 3 panel design and handles on each mat make it easy to store and transport your mat. Expanded dimension: 6' x 2' x 2"; folded dimensions: 24" x 24" x 6"
- All genuine BalanceFrom products are covered by a 100% BalanceFrom satisfaction guarantee and 2-year BalanceFrom Warranty. Customer satisfaction is our highest priority
Safety equipmentSafety equipment includes mats as mentioned above but also foam pits to practice dismounts and trampolines for learning new tricks. Gymnasts can bring their own personal safety gear (e.g. wrist braces or specialized footwear), but it is a good idea for them to have spotting belts on hand. Your gym may allow you to rent or sell personal safety equipment. It applies to beginners and properly trained participants.
Rhythmic Gymnastics EquipmentStudents can compete in rhythmic gymnastics using specialized equipment. Tools such as:
Pommel horseThe equipment consists of a metal frame with rubber and foam padding. It has handles (pommels). It has been traditionally used by male gymnasts.
- Best seller: top selling Boys gym mushroom - Olympia mat sold separately
- Features: removable top, heavy grade suede top offers best non-slip traction and durability for years. Sturdy, durable, and lightweight for easy portability. Non-slip bottom for increased stability while competition slides around.
- Size: official mushroom size for level 4, 5 and 6 competition | height: 20" | top diameter: 24" |
- Shipping: delivered within 5 business days of order - FedEx home delivery.
- Questions: if you have any questions, please contact me, and I would be glad to assist you in any way. Thanks for looking: )
Still ringsMen’s gymnastics also uses still rings as a standard piece of equipment. They are mounted on bars that are less than 19 feet above the floor. The rings are slightly higher at eight feet.
- 【High-Quality Material】- It is made of high-quality galvanized steel,which has been upgraded and thickened to make it stronger.The surface of the gym ring adopts a non-slip texture design to enhance friction.The zigzag contact surface inside the buckle is stronger and safer,so that the length of the webbing can be adjusted freely.The conventional size is suitable for most people.
- 【Widened & Thickened PE Stability Strap】- The stabilizing belt is made of PE,easily adjustable to suit your needs.The widened and thickened design makes the width reach 1.49 inches.The encryption weave is used to improve the durability and protect your safety at all times during exercise.The pressed and jagged design adjusting anchor ensures easy straps disassembly and non-slip.
- 【Easy to Use】- Take 5 minutes to set up,use and adjust,providing you with a great home gym substitute.Just throw it over whatever you're using as support,slip the strap through the metal clamp and clamp it in place.
- 【Ideal for Gymnastics Training】- Newtion The professional fitness rings are for tremendous gains in upper body and core functional strength.Engage your muscles and core with exercises.Not only can your muscle be relax,but also your core strength and coordination can be enhanced.
- 【Package Includes】- 2 x Fitness Ring + 2 x Adjustable Stability Strap + 1 x Storage Bag+ 1 x Operating Instructions.They weigh approximately 4 lbs and can support a weight capacity of 400kg.
VaultFemale and male gymnasts both use vaults. This requires not only an apparatus, but also a springboard, landing pad, and lots of space to run and land.
Where to Find Gymnastics EquipmentStart your search for affordable equipment that meets safety and regulations at your local big-box sporting goods retailer. You can find high-quality brands in gymnastics equipment. Shop around to find what you are looking for. You can buy new equipment, which is covered under the manufacturer’s warranty. However, if you have a tight budget, there are still options. You can also find safe and affordable gymnastics equipment at these other places:
- Get everything from closing gyms at a deep discount: Everything, from flooring to apparatus, is often offered at a deeply discounted price when a gym closes.
- Demo equipment is available at a reduced cost with a limited manufacturer warranty.
- Find reputable resellers in gymnastics: Reputable resellers stand behind their equipment and ensure its safety. They may offer trade-ins of your equipment if you are ready for an upgrade.
Caring For Your Gymnastics EquipmentIt is important to maintain your equipment to extend its life span. Although each manufacturer will have specific guidelines regarding the care and sanitation of your equipment, these are general guidelines to help you keep your equipment and your facility safe and clean.
Before each useSafety should always be your top priority, whether you are buying new or used products. Inspect hardware before buying or using it. All padding must be in good condition with no tears, rips, or other excessive wear. Cables, bolts, screws, and screws should all be secured and free from signs of wear. Flooring and mats should give way and bounce. No matter what age, inspect every piece of equipment before you use it. If some equipment has property damage incurred, it is better to refuse it. All equipment needs qualified supervision.
Clean mats regularlyAll types of mats should be regularly cleaned and sanitized. You should look for cleaners that comply with EPA safety standards and CDC sanitation standards. Vacuum and clean your gym at least once per week.
Wipe down apparatusTo clean handles, bars, and other non-porous surfaces, use a disinfectant spray or cleaning wipes.
Maintain a clean spaceMake sure to clean the entire gym every day. This applies to all areas, including bathrooms and equipment. This will keep your athletes and their families safe and healthy.
What equipment do you need to do gymnastics at home?
Mini bars, floor mats, and low beams are the most common gymnastics equipment you can use at home. Gymnastics accessories such as pull-up bars or balance balls can help improve strength and make your gymnasts’ time at the gym more productive.
What equipment do gymnasts use?
Trampolines. A mini trampoline, skill cushions, training bars and gymnastics grips are just a few of the other equipment you will find in both professional and recreational gyms.