Do you want to learn everything you can about this affordable massage gun? Read this Flyby Massage Gun Review.
It is difficult to find a massage gun that is both affordable and still effective. It seems that the choice is between a low-cost device with limited features or a powerful, expensive model. Rarely are both.
We recently came across the Flyby F1Pro from Amazon. We were intrigued by its potential features and affordable price. We decided to review the Flyby massage gun.
Flyby, another massage gun made by Amazon-only is also available. It’s difficult to find out more about the brand since they don’t have an official website.
We do know they sell many products such as telescopic drinking straws and other accessories. It’s not just a manufacturer of massage guns.
Their best-selling massage guns are the F1Pro and F2 Pro. We’ve chosen to review the F1Pro, the latest model that was introduced at the end of 2019.
- DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE GUN: Our percussion massage gun effectively relieves muscle pain and soreness. It's ideal for people experiencing stiffness due to long periods of sitting as well as elite athletes looking to recover and prevent injuries.
- ADJUSTABLE SPEEDS & LONG BATTERY LIFE: This muscle massage gun has 3 powerful speeds to increase flexibility in your joints and reduce the risk of strains & sprains. Packed with a rechargeable 4+ hour battery, you'll always have access to recovery.
- 6 INTERCHANGEABLE MASSAGE HEADS: This handheld percussive massager for neck and back pain comes with 6 unique massage heads that target key muscle groups to increase mobility and help relieve soreness for any part of the body.
- QUIET & LIGHTWEIGHT: The F1Pro is a high-impact personal hand massager gun for back pain with a motor as quiet as an electric toothbrush. Weighing only 1.8 lbs, this portable massage gun provides muscle tension relief at home, at work, and on the go.
- PERFECT GIFT FOR MEN & WOMEN: This back & shoulder massager gun is an ideal gift for special occasions like birthday gifts for men, anniversaries, graduations, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Valentine's Day, and Christmas! Get your massage gun today!
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE: The high-impact brushless motor offers speeds up to 3200 rpm and up to 50lbs of pressure, making the Flyby F1Pro one of the highest performance massagers on the market.
We initially thought that it would look like Hypervolt based on its obvious resemblance.
Surprisingly, F1Pro is well-built despite the extremely low price.
- The Flyby massager can be used anywhere you go, thanks to its battery-operated design. It weighs only 1.8 pounds and is easy to transport. You can take it along with you on your travels or to work or the gym.
- 6 attachments are included to help you target any part of your body that is in need of treatment.
- The price! It is the most affordable massage gun on the market. Although I wouldn’t normally recommend it at this price, there are some great features and specifications for the money you pay. It works as long as it works.
- There are no instructions or cases.
- The amplitude of 10mm is very low. This is the depth the massager presses into the muscle. For someone who does regular exercise, I prefer a massager with at least 12mm amplitude. The Ekrin B37. Although it may not seem like much, the 2mm really does make a difference.
- Although the overall rating is quite high, you will see that there are quite a few 1 stars reviews. This will be addressed in the next section, which will discuss customer feedback.
Flyby Massage Gun Review
This table lists the key features of the Flyby Massage Gun and provides a better understanding of it.
|Stall Force||50 lbs (advertised)|
|Stroke Length||10 mm|
|Battery Life||4 hours (2000mAh)|
|Pros||Reasonable stall force;
Portable and lightweight;
Operation with low noise;
|Cons||Short stroke length;
|Price||Shop at Amazon|
The Flyby Massage Gun does not come with a case, unlike many other massage guns. The Flyby Massage Gun comes in a nice cardboard box that is easy to understand for the price.
The box contains the device, 6 attachments, and an instruction manual.
- It reminds us of a Hypervolt massage gun, which looks like a power drill. The LCD is a common feature in budget-friendly percussion massagers.
- It includes 6 attachments. Two different-sized ball heads for soft massages, one for the spine, a fork to support the spine, a flat head for a strong punch in large areas, a bullethead to concentrate the force in small areas, and a wedge for scraping movements.
- The foam material used to make the ball heads will eventually deteriorate. Rubber ball heads are more durable. We think rubber ball heads will last longer than the other ones made of hard plastic.
- It doesn’t support USB-C, which is quite disappointing.
- The instructions manual is very basic. The manual is very basic.
We are very impressed with the value for money. We are disappointed that there is no carry case. However, we don’t think it’s too bad considering the low price.
Size, Ergonomics, and Build Quality
Its weight was one of its first surprises. It is lighter than many of its rivals, at 1.8 pounds. It is also very well balanced, making it the ideal weight for a massager.
It’s also not as bulky as the other models, which is a plus. The handle diameter is small so that users with smaller hands can grip it well.
It does however have a drill-like appearance, which we don’t like. It can be difficult to reach certain areas of the body, especially when you are giving yourself a massage. Massages that last more than a few minutes can also be painful because of the way it is shaped.
We are satisfied with the build quality. The plastic parts make it feel cheap. It was assembled well and left us with a positive impression.
The Flyby Massage Gun doesn’t have an LED screen and only one button to switch between speeds. You must use the switch located at the bottom of the handle to turn it on.
Its minimalist design makes it simple to use. Ideal for those who are just starting to use a massage gun. We love the size and weight. It would have been perfect if the handle had been angled slightly.
Let’s now get to the important part of this Flyby Massage Gun Review – its performance. This is where you can compare it to other products.
The F1Pro comes with a 10mm stroke. This is a bit disappointing. This is the standard amplitude for mini-percussion massagers for vibration therapy. We expected more from a larger device.
It is, however, one of the most cost-effective units on the market. We expected some compromises in its internal workings.
A 10mm stroke length is sufficient for personal use. The Flyby is a great choice if you don’t want deep, high-impact messages.
It has the device stopped working properly, which makes up for its limiting amplitude.
Flyby Massage Gun’s maximum stall force is 50lbs. This allows you to push the machine further without worrying about the motor stalling. It does feel a bit slower than the Theragun Elite, but that’s not a bad thing. It’s still not terrible!
It also has a progressive force. The stall force increases with speed, so it is less at lower speeds. This is something you should keep in mind as you use it.
Percussions & Speed Levels
The F1Pro’s percussion range 1800-3200ppm is also impressive. This allows for us to have deep punches and soft massages.
We are disappointed by the 3-speed settings. We don’t like 20-30 speed levels but we think a massage gun should have at least 5-6 speed levels for optimal performance. This unit has a 3-speed setting that is very restrictive.
The Flyby Massage Gun was a surprise to us all. The Flyby is quite affordable and delivers a good performance. It would be a great buy for the price if it had a longer stroke and had more gear.
Flyby Gun has a maximum noise level of 45dB. We have tested it ourselves and can confirm its noiselessness. Although it isn’t the quietest, it’s still quite comparable to other massage guns. We find it quieter than full-sized Theraguns.
You can barely hear the sound of anything at the lowest gear. It is louder at higher speeds but the vibrations and rattling aren’t too bothersome.
However, there is one thing we are concerned about. We have found that affordable massage guns can become louder over time, based on our experience. It’s happened on Legiral and Flyby users have also reported it in their reviews. We are yet to see if the noise level continues after some time.
Flyby F1Pro includes a 2000 mAh battery which allows it to last up to 4 hours at its most energy-saving setting.
It can take between 3-4 hours depending on how fast you set the pressure and what speed you use.
You can recharge your battery for as little as a few min to 10 minutes each day, which will give you an idea of the frequency you’ll need. This is very good battery performance.
Although the screen on this massage gun isn’t accurate, LED lights give us an indication of when it’s charging.
This amazing massage gun also comes with a wall charger. It does not offer USB_C charging and takes a long time to charge.
Price and warranty
The Flyby is available at an unbelievable price. The price is way below $100 at the time of writing, but you can check the current pricing here. We think this is one of the best massage guns for the budget.
This massage gun also comes with a 1-year warranty. This is quite common for Amazon-only brands. Although it is better than no warranty at all it is still not comparable to the lifetime warranties offered by established companies.
Using Experience Flyby Massage Gun
We used it for quite a while for about a month. It has three speeds, ranging from 1800 RPM to 3200RPM, a 10mm amplitude, and a stall for 50 lbs (you can use 50 lbs of pressure), so it should be just as good as other massage guns. Although 10mm is slightly lower than the average, most massage guns would have a 12mm amplitude, speed, and stall force that are similar.
A massage gun is my main reason for using it after a hard workout. They can reduce soreness over the next day, although they are not miracle cures. Because I sit for long periods at work, I enjoy using a massage gun every now and then to help with back pain and relax.
The Flyby is capable of performing what I require it to after testing it. The Flyby’s 3 speeds are powerful and the stall force is strong. Although I would like to see more amplitude, it works well for the price. Although it’s not my favorite massage gun, I have some thoughts on its durability and longevity based on the experiences of other users (check out the feedback section below).
It’s quiet at 45dB (similar to an electric toothbrush). It can be used while you watch TV, and won’t disturb anyone. It is quieter than the Hypervolt, for instance.
You can get several massage sessions with a long battery life of approximately 4+ hours. I get several hours of use at medium-high speed.
Who is It Best For?
We believe it is best for personal use, due to its short-stroke lengths and average stall force.
This would be a great choice if you are looking for a first massage gun. It is cheaper than the Chirogun and a more average Fitpulse.
Its compact dimensions and weight of 1.8 pounds make it easy to fit in most gym bags.
Its portability makes it ideal for those who are always on the go.
The Flyby Massage Gun has a great percussion range and stalls power. It can be used to release lactic acid, treat sore muscles, break up scar tissue and perform other post-training rituals. This massage gun will be a hit with gym buffs.
The Flyby is an affordable choice if you are looking for a good massage gun that doesn’t cost too much.
However, stronger alternatives might be more suitable for you if you are a demanding user of muscle or a professional therapist.
What Does Customer Feedback Look Like?
Flyby F1pro reviews are numerous and generally positive. Many have had positive experiences with the Flyby F1pro. It’s not perfect, however, as there are many negative reviews, especially if you look at the “most recent” ones.
Here are some of the problems:
- The battery won’t charge, or won’t keep a charge
- Fully charged, but will not turn on
- Makes a rattling sound like a piece of furniture is falling off the inside
- The unit won’t switch off
These comments are appearing way too often for me. This is exactly what I expected for a deep tissue massage gun at this price. The price is a lot lower than other massage guns that I have tested and loved. I was curious if the quality of production and durability would be comparable. It isn’t, which I am not surprised by.
Would I Recommend Flyby F1PRO To You?
The Flyby F1Pro seems to be the best massaging device available for pain relief and muscle pain. It has features similar to other models, and many positive customer reviews. This makes it a great value.
We’ve done extensive research on this Flyby Massage Gun review and found many negative reviews. There are many complaints about the massage guns making a loud rattling sound, not being able to hold a charge, and giving up after a few use. The manual is not included and the case is not provided. However, it comes with enough travel boxes.
There are many more positive reviews than there are negative. However, I would be cautious about buying a massage gun for this price as it is clearly not as durable or well-made as the higher-end models. It could be broken or malfunction within months, even if it seems to work well at first. You won’t get a replacement if it fails to work within the warranty period (1 year).
Noone decent quality knock-off cannot give you the same experience. So Flyby F1Pro it’s a great deal.
Is a massage gun really worth it?
“A massage gun can be used whenever you need to ease muscle tension. However, it is especially useful after a workout to increase muscle recovery and reduce muscle soreness.” Leada Malek, CSCS is a San Francisco sports physical therapist.
Do massage guns need batteries?
Massage guns can be a great way to relieve sore muscles after or before a workout. They should be simple to use, provide sufficient power for deep muscle relief, have long life batteries.